Announcement on PhD scholarships
Decision on the amount of doctoral scholarships
Pursuant to Art. 209 of the Act of July 20, 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws, item 1668, as amended):
- A doctoral student without a doctoral degree receives a doctoral scholarship.
1a. A doctoral scholarship shall not be awarded to a doctoral student receiving remuneration in the amount of at least 150% of the amount of the doctoral scholarship to which he is entitled in accordance with para. 4 due to employment in connection with the implementation of the research project referred to in Art. 119 paragraph. 2 points 2 and 3, by the entity running the doctoral school in which the doctoral student is educating, during this employment. *
- The total period of receiving a doctoral scholarship at doctoral schools may not exceed 4 years.
- Until the period referred to in para. 2, the suspension period and the period of education at the doctoral school in the case referred to in Art. 206 paragraph 2. of the Act:
- The monthly doctoral scholarship amounts to at least:
1) 37% of the professor’s remuneration – until the month in which the mid-term evaluation was carried out;
2) 57% of professor’s remuneration – after the month in which the mid-term evaluation was carried out.
- During the period of suspension of education, the provisions on determining the maternity allowance shall apply accordingly to the determination of the amount of the doctoral scholarship, however the allowance calculation basis shall be understood as the amount of the monthly doctoral scholarship referred to in para. 4, available on the date of submission of the request for suspension.
- A doctoral student who has a certificate of disability, a certificate of the degree of disability or the certificate referred to in Art. 5 and art. 62 of the Act of 27 August 1997 on vocational and social rehabilitation and employment of disabled persons, receives a doctoral scholarship in the amount increased by 30% of the amount indicated in paragraph 4 pts 1
- A doctoral student who submits his doctoral dissertation earlier than the date of completion of education provided for in the curriculum, receives a doctoral scholarship by the date on which the deadline for completing education expires, but not longer than for 6 months.
- A doctoral student may not be employed as an academic teacher or researcher. The prohibition does not apply to employing a doctoral student:
1) in order to carry out a research project referred to in Art. 119 paragraph. 2 points 2 and 3 of the Act;
2) after the mid-term evaluation ended with a positive result, however, in the case of employment exceeding half of the full-time working time, the amount of the scholarship is 40% of the amount of the monthly scholarship referred to in para. 4 point 2;
3) who is not eligible for a doctoral scholarship.
* Art. 209 paragraph. 1a added by art. 1 point 8 of the Act of 23 July 2021 (Journal of Laws 2021.1630) amending this Act as of September 21, 2021.