After the war there was a further development of the University, expressed, among other things, by an increase in the number of faculties. In 1951, the Fourth Veterinary Faculty (formerly belonging to the University of Warsaw, located at Grochowska Street) was incorporated into the SGGW. Subsequently, further faculties were created: Agricultural Drainage (now Engineering and Environmental Shaping), Wood Technology, Zootechnical, Economic and Agricultural, and at the Horticultural Faculty a Section of Green Land Formation (now the Faculty of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture) was established.
In 1956, the Council of Ministers and the city authorities of Warsaw agreed to exchange the land on Ursynów together with neighboring farms in Wolica, Natolin and Wilanów for the land of property in Skierniewice and part of the Mokotowski Fields. The expansion of SGGW in the new location began in the 1960s, in 1989 it was transferred to the Palace in Ursynów – the former property of Krasiński – the headquarters of the University authorities, and since 2003 all faculties have been finally located here, creating one of the most modern university campuses in Europe, both in terms of architecture and equipment in research equipment. The campus was given the name Edward hr. Raczyński, which, being the heir to the Krasiński family, gave the area to the Polish state for educational purposes. The SGGW area is inextricably linked to Julian Ursin Niemcewicz, owner of these areas in the years 1822-1831.