Directors of the Agronomic Institute
in Marymont founded in 1816
Rectors of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences
1918-20 and 1928-29 - Józef Mikułowski-Pomeranian
He served as rector of SGGW in 1918-20 and 1928-29. He was the first rector of SGGW,a continuator of the Agronomic Institute in Marymont.
In 1888 he graduated from riga University of Technology. In 1893 he was appointed assistant at the National Galician Agricultural School, where he organized a chemical-agricultural research and experimental station, which soon became a model for other Polish universities. He dealt with issues related to the use of fertilizers and soil fertility. He cooperated with the Society for the Support of Polish Agricultural Science, whose purpose was to organize a journal of an agricultural nature. He was appointed in 1900 for his services. appointed professor and in 1906 director of the facility in Dublan.
In 1911, Józef Mikułowski-Pomorski moved to Warsaw and began organizing first industrial and agricultural courses, and then the agricultural university in Warsaw. He rented a premises at ul. honeymoon, and in Wilanow he founded an experimental field.
He became involved in politics during World War I, after the Act established the Polish Kingship on 5 November. In the years 1916-17 he was deputy speaker of the Provisional Council of State,and in the government of Jan Cookewski (1917-1918) he served as Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Agriculture. From 1922 to 1923 and in 1926 he was minister of religious denominations and public enlightenment.
Thanks to him, the courses he once conducted were first transformed into the Higher Agricultural School and then nationalized, which allowed the creation of the Main School of the Rural Farm, the first rector of which Józef Mikułowski-Pomorski was elected in 1918. After a break, he became rector of SGGW again.
1920-21 - Tadeusz Miłobędzki
He served as rector of SGGW from 1920 to 1921. He was the founder of the Polish Chemical Society and a member of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
He graduated from the Imperial University of Warsaw. He worked among others at the Warsaw University of Technology (from 1933 to 1934 he was dean of the Faculty of Chemistry) and at the Main School of Rural Farm.
Tadeusz Miłobędzki was the first (in cooperation with Stanisław Kostaniecki) to define the chemical composition of turmeric.
1921-22 and 1929-32 - Stefan Biedrzycki
He served as rector of SGGW in 1921-22 and 1929-32. He was also dean of the Horticultural Faculty of SGGW.
He graduated from the Agricultural School in Puławy (he obtained the title of agronomist of the first degree) and the Warsaw University of Technology (he obtained the title of mechanical engineer).
Since 1907 worked in the established Society of Agricultural Courses, which in 1916 became the Higher School of Agriculture (progenitor of SGGW) and of which he became a director. After the transformation in 1918 WSR for the Main School of Rural Farm, Biedrzycki became vice-rector and dean of the Agricultural Faculty. In 1919, he was appointed professor of agricultural mechanics of SGGW. Although he also lectured at the Warsaw University of Technology and the universities of Poznan and Vilnius, he was mainly associated with SGGW.
In 1920, he started organizing in SGGWthe Department of Agricultural Machinery, created a workshop of scientific work, which gave the opportunity to conduct independent research. He also applied a new way of testing – in addition to checking the work of machines in the laboratory, he also began to observe them in the field, during work. In 1921, he was re-elected in 1929. He worked on the popularization and development of machinery in Poland.
In addition to his services to agriculture, Stefan Biedrzycki also made a contribution to regaining independence after World War I – in 1915, when the Civic Guard was established after the Russians stepped down, Biedrzycki became commissioner of the 11th District. Importantly, following him to the Guard, all students of industrial and agricultural courses joined the Guard as his sub-commanders.
1922-23 - Wenceslas Dabrowski
He served as rector of SGGW from 1922 to 1923.
Since 1918 He was professor of microbiology at the Main School of Rural Farm, in addition to being dean of the Agricultural Faculty of SGGW in 1928-29 and 1933-36. He conducted research on the structure and occurrence of yeast, as well as the role of bacteria in fermentation processes and water microflora.
He founded and co-created such trade magazines as: Distillery Industry and Agricultural Industry. During World War II, he taught secret teaching at SGGW.
1923-25 and 1932-33 - Jan Sosnowski
He served as rector of SGGW in 1923-25 and 1932-33.
In the years 1916-1918 he taught animal physiology at the Faculty of Agriculture of the Higher School of Agriculture. From 1918 he was professor of zoology and animal physiology at SGGW. He conducted research in the field of nerve and muscle physiology and metabolism. He is the author of several works on the subject. He was also one of the founders of the Warsaw Scientific Society.
1925-26 - Zdzisław Ludkiewicz
He served as rector of SGGW from 1925 to 1926.
He was born in 1883. in Poniewież, Lithuania. He graduated from the Faculty of Chemistry of riga University of Technology and the Agricultural Academy in Dublan. He also studied political and agricultural economics at the University of Leipzig. In 1918, In 1924 he became an associate professor at the SGGW and in 1924 became an ordinary professor.
He conducted active social activities. He was an inspector of agricultural circles, secretary of the Vilnius Agricultural Society and editor of the Vilnius Agricultural Weekly. In 1915, began to organize the Society for the Assistance of Farmers Affected by hostilities.
In autumn 1915, he made his way through the front to Warsaw and began work on a program to organize the future agricultural authorities of the Polish State. He was the organizer and first director of the Audit Association of Polish Agricultural Cooperatives and the Central Fund of Loan Associations in Warsaw. In 1917, he became director of the Agrar reform department of the Provisional Council of State. In this position, he prepared the organization of future land offices, founded the Warsaw School of Surveying, initiated the establishment of the State Agricultural Bank, organized land commodification. In 1923/24 he became Minister of Agricultural Reform in the cabinet of Władysław Grabski.
From 1920 to 1921 he was an agrar adviser to the Government of Central Lithuania. In this position, he drafted a number of laws. For his scientific and social work he was awarded m.in. commander’s cross of the Polish and the badge of Central Lithuania.
1926-28 - Władysław Grabski
A prominent economist and historian, known as the author of many reforms, including monetary reform.
He conducted economic, social and scientific activities, mainly dealing with the topic of the village. He was a member of the Russian Dummy three times from 1905 to 1912 for national democracy. He served as vice president of the Central Agricultural Society. In the years 1904-1922 associated with the national camp.
After World War I, he took an active part in the creation of an Polish, held numerous state functions. He was minister of agriculture, member of the Sejm on behalf of the People’s National Union, prime minister of the Government of the Republic and minister of the treasury.
He was the main creator and implementer of the so-called “stabilisation plan”, which consisted of treasury and currency reform. In 1920 he led the creation of a private, state-independent Bank of Poland and in 1924 the exchange of the old currency of the Polish brand with zloty in the relationship of 1.8 million Polish brands: 1 zloty. The plan has led to the eradication of hyperinflation.
His work was to draw up a plan for agricultural reform,adopted by the Sejm. He was the initiator of the founding of the Bank of the National Farm.
In 1925, he resigned and took up scientific work at the Main School of The Rural Farm. From 1926 to 1928, he served as rector. In 1936, founded the Institute of Rural Sociology. He was also president of the Society of Polish Economists and Statistician.
1933-36 and 1947-49 - Marian Górski
He served as rector of SGGW in 1933-36 and 1947-49.
He was born in 1886. in Warsaw. He studied mathematics at the University of Warsaw and, after its closure, studied chemistry at the University of Leipzig. After graduation, he became an assistant at the Chemical and Agricultural Station in Dublanach, while studying agriculture at the Agricultural Academy there.
Since 1917 he taught agricultural chemistry at the Faculty of Chemistry at the Technical University of Lviv. In 1919, he was appointed extraordinary professor of agricultural chemistry at lviv University of Technology and at the same time was appointed head of the Chemical and Agricultural and Peat Station in Dublan.
In 1923, he was appointed to the SGGW as an ordinary professor of Cultivation and Fertilization of the Role in Skierniewice. Professor Marian Górski took care of organizing the entire administration in Skierniewice. He organized an experimental field, built the necessary buildings, and also administered a farmhouse, gardens and gardening practices in Skierniewice. For many years he was dean of the Horticultural Faculty and rector of SGGW.
He was a member of the Academy of Technical Sciences, the Scientific Society of Warsaw. He was the founder and editor of the Yearbooks of Horticultural Sciences and president of the Warsaw Horticultural Society.
In 1936, he was awarded the Commander’s Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta.
1936-44 - Jan Miklaszewski
He served as rector of SGGW from 1936 to 1944. He led a conspiratorial university during the occupation. He was also one of the leading organizers of the administration of state forests, experimental and higher forest education. He has written many works in the field of forestry, its history and economics.
1944-47 - Francis Staff
Professor Francis Staff was born on August 5, 1885. Lviv. He studied at the Faculty of Philosophy at Lviv University and then at the University of Vienna, where in 1909 he studied. doctorate in philosophy. From 1907 to 1911 he studied at the Maritime Zoological Station in Trieste, the Fishing Biological Fishing Station and the University of Munich and the Prussian Fisheries Institute in Friedrichshagen near Berlin.
In the years 1911-14 he taught biology and fish farming at the Jagiellonian University in Kraków. In 1918, – as an associate professor of SGGW – organized the Department of Ichthyology and Fisheries, and then took over its management. In 1920, appointed associate professor and in 1928. – Associate Professor of SGGW. In 1920, he became an associate professor at the Warsaw University of Technology and in 1936 – associate professor of veterinary medicine at the University of Warsaw, having obtained veniam legendi. In 1921/22 and 1926-28 he was dean of the Agricultural Faculty of SGGW. From 1945 to 1947 as rector of SGGW. He organized a Fisheries Study at the Faculty of Agriculture and until 1952, in which year the Study was disbanded, he served as head of the Department of Ichthyobiologyand Fisheries, and then, until his retirement in 1960, was head of the Department of Fisheries at the Zoology Department of SGGW.
Prof. F. Staff was the organizer of scientific and practical fishing in Poland. He has written 107 scientific, popular science and other papers.
For his services he was awarded in the interwar period with the Commander’s Cross with the Star of the Order of Polonia Restituta, and in Poland the People’m.in. Order of the Second Class Labour Banner. He was awarded an honorary doctorate by the Higher Agricultural School in Olsztyn.
He died on August 2, 1966. and was buried in powazkowski cemetery in Warsaw.
1949-55 and 1962-69 - Antoni Kleszczycki
Professor Antoni Kleszczyki was born on September 16, 1906. in Trzebini, pow. Horseradish, Province Krakow. From 1926 to 1930 he studied at the Faculty of Philosophy of the University of Poland. In 1932, doctorate in chemistry. In 1949, appointed associate professor, and in 1968 – associate professor.
Since 1932 worked in various chemical plants. In 1939 he participated in the September Campaign. After regaining independence, he worked in Poznań, and since 1946. he worked in Warsaw, where in 1948 he was appointed Director of the Minister’s Cabinet in the Ministry of Agriculture and Agricultural Reform. In 1949, he was appointed rector of the SGGW. He held this position from 1949 to 1955 and from 1962 to 1969. Between 1949 and 1969 Prof. A. Kleszczycki headed the Department of General Chemistry, and since 1970. he was director of the Institute of Fundamentals of Chemistry.
Scientific activities of prof. A. Kleszczycki mainly concerned chemical analysis, food chemistry and agricultural chemistry. He was the author of more than a dozen scientific papers, the promoter of 9 doctoral thesis. He lectured on general, inorganic and organic chemistry. His scripts have received many releases.
From 1949 to 1974 he held many social functions, m.in. member and later chairman of the Main Council of the Minister of Higher Education and a member of the Committee on Agriculture at the KC PZPR.
Prof. A. Kleszczycki was awarded and awarded many times. He died on April 4, 1974.
1955-62 - Kazimierz Krysiak
Prof. Kazimierz Krysiak was born on November 4, 1907. in the village of Dzięcioły Bliższe, pow. Sokołów Podlaski, in a peasant family. He obtained his diploma as a veterinary doctor in 1932 from the University of Warsaw.
As a student, he took a job at the Department of Animal Proper Anatomy under the direction of Prof. R. Poplewski; continued until the outbreak of The Second World War. In 1935 he obtained his Doctorate, and in 1939 he received his doctorate. habilitated in the field of animal anatomy. During the occupation he practiced as a veterinary doctor. In November 1944, he became an associate professor at the newly established Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin. He took an active part in organizing the Veterinary Faculty and the entire University. In 1947, he began work on the restitution of the Veterinary Faculty of the University of Warsaw, where he was appointed associate professor and head of the Department of Animal Anatomy. He was associated with this plant (from 1952 in SGGW) for the rest of his life.
Prof. K. Krysiak was the initiator and de facto head of bison research in Poland. He organized in 1949. The Bison Research Centre, where unique museum collections were collected and works were carried out, the results of which were announced in more than 40 publications, 13 of which are authored by him. The bison case was connected with the activities of a professor in the State Council for Nature Conservation; has been a member of the Presidium of the Council since 1959. and chaired the Committee on Animal Protection. The second direction, to which he devoted a lot of creative energy, was archaeological research. He started them before the war and from 1946. on a large scale. He is the author of more than 40 works that are a lasting trace of his participation in the creation of this new scientific discipline. He was the promoter of 23 doctoral leads and the guardian of 7 habilitations.
Prof. K. Krysiak served as dean and dean of the veterinary departments of UMCS (1945–1947), UW (1948–1951) and SGGW (1952–1954). For three terms (1955 –1962) he held the dignity of rector of the SGGW and for five years (1963 – 1968) was deputy secretary of Division II of the Polish People’s Republic. He participated in the work of the Committees of the Polish Academy of Sciences, in the scientific councils of many institutes and in scientific societies, of which the Polish Anatomical Society was particularly close to him.
Prof. K. Krysiak was awarded the Golden Cross of Merit, the Knight’s Cross and the Commander’s Cross of the Order of The Rebirth of Polish, the Medal of the 10th Anniversary and the Medal of the 30th Anniversary of the People’s Polish, the ptnw honorary award – Pro Scientia Veterinaria Polona, the gold medal of honor “For Services to Warsaw” and other medals and distinctions of scientific and social institutions.
He died on July 16, 1977.
1969-75 - Zbigniew Muszyński
He served as rector of SGGW from 1969 to 1975.
Born 18 January 1912 in Dominikowice. He studied at the Aviation Faculty of the Higher Technical School (ESA – IMP) in Paris, where in 1933 he received a degree in aerospace engineer. He obtained his nostrification certificate in 1955. He received his Ph.D. in technical sciences in 1956. at the Faculty of Wood Technology of SGGW on the basis of a hearing entitled “Some of the characteristics of inventiveness in Polish lands”, and the degree of doctor of habilitation – at the Faculty of Wood Technology of the Higher School of Agriculture in Poznań in 1970. following the submission of a hearing entitled “Study of the development of technology in the service of agriculture”.
He started working in higher education in 1947 as a lecturer in the Higher Study of Socio-Economic Sciences in Katowice. He became deputy professor in 1951, when he started working at SGGW. In 1954 he was appointed associate professor, while the ordinary professor was appointed in 1962.
He started working in 1933. as a constructor engineer in the aerospace industry, later in the arms industry and again in the aerospace industry – until the outbreak of war in 1939. In People’s Poland in 1945 has been set up in operational groups to organise the metal industry; In July of that year he became the chief executive of the “Josephy” factory in Bielsko-Biala. In 1948, he was appointed director of the Central Board of Metal Industry in Warsaw, hence in 1949. he became president of the Patent Office of the Polish People’s Republic of Poland, working simultaneously in the SGGW and in the State Planning Commission of the Council of Ministers as director of the Department of Technology. Since 1963 he was already employed exclusively at SGGW, still as head of the Department of General Machinery at the Faculty of Wood Technology, and later until his retirement in 1977. – as director of the Institute of Technical Foundations. For six years he was dean of WTD, seven years vice-rector and six years rector of SGGW. The domain of scientific interest prof. Z. Muszyński at SGGW were technical issues in the field of general mechanical engineering, especially metal technology. In the interwar period, he was involved in the construction of gliders and aircraft; he was a constructor, among others, of one of the first gliders in Poland.
His scientific achievements represent more than 150 items, the most important of which is the textbook entitled “Outline of metal technology”, considered basic also in many technical universities, and 9 scripts, omitting other non-didactics-related book publications. During the war he actively participated in the activities of the National Army. He had pilot training and the title of reserve major.
1975-81 - Henryk Jasiorowski
He was born on June 7, 1926. in Grójec. In 1950, In 1950, graduated from the Faculty of Agriculture of SGGW with a master’s degree in agricultural engineering in zootechnical specialization. In 1956, doctoral degree, in 1961. – Doctor of Habilitation, and in 1978 appointed associate professor.
He served as rector of SGGW from 1975 to 1981.
He worked at the SGGW General Animal Breeding Facility as an assistant, and since 1952. – at the Detailed Animal Breeding Plant. In 1956, he went to work at the Experimental Breeding Plant of the Polish People’s Party and received the position of assistant professor and then head of the Studio. He was director of the Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding of the Polish People’s Department. As a scholarship holder, he left in 1957. 6 months to the Rowett Research Institute in the UK. In 1968, he was appointed Deputy Scientific Secretary of the Faculty of Agricultural and Forestry Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences. In 1969, he was appointed to work for the FAO as director of the Department of Animal And Veterinary Breeding at the FAO in Rome.
Prof. H. Jasiorowski has published more than 100 scientific and research works. His most important scientific achievements include work on the development of animal husbandry and the development of animal production in the world. On his initiative, he and scientists from 9 countries worked extensively to compare different varieties of Frisian cattle. Professor Jasiorowski received an honorary doctorate from the University of Hohenheim. He received many state awards and distinctions. He was awarded in 1982 for his activities in the underground. Guerrilla Cross and Medal of Victory and Freedom 1945
1981-87 - Maria Joanna Radomska
She was born on December 9, 1925. in Warsaw in an intelligent family. During the war she was a soldier of the National Army. She graduated from the Faculty of Agriculture of SGGW in 1950. In 1979, appointed associate professor.
Since 1962 worked at SGGW. From 1966 to 1972, she served as dean and then dean of the Zootechnical Faculty. The rector of SGGW was from 1981 to 1987.
The main fields of research work of Prof. M. Radomska were genetics and animal husbandry. Her scientific achievements include m.in. 47 hearings, 13 manuals and scripts, 12 expert reports and design work.
For her work she was awarded and awarded m.in. The Cross of the National Army, the Cross of Valor, the Grunwald Badge, the Knight’s Cross of the Order of Polish and the Medal of the National Education Commission.
Professor Maria Joanna Radomska died on June 23, 2012.
1987-90 - Wiesław Barej
He was born on January 22, 1934. in Stoczek Łukowski, died 14 listopa- da 2000. in Warsaw. He studied at the Veterinary Faculty of SGGW. Since 1955 worked in the Department of Animal Physiology of SGGW.
From 1981 to 1987, he was vice-rector of the SGGW for The Environment. and then– until 1990 – rector of SGGW. Since 1994 a correspondent member of the Polish Academy of Sciences, since 1991 he has chaired the Committee of Veterinary Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences and the Section of Non-Communicable Diseases and Reproduction in this Committee. In 1984 he was a correspondent member and since 1986 an ordinary member.
Professor Barej was the author of several academic textbooks and scripts in the field of animal physiology. For his scientific work he received m.in. Awards of the Minister of Science, Higher Education and Technology, Minister of Agriculture, Minister of Health and Social Welfare, Czechoslovak Agricultural Academy. He was awarded m.in. Knight’s Cross of the Order of Polish, Medal of the National Education Commission.
1990-96 - Jan Górecki
He served as rector of SGGW from 1990 to 1996.
He was born on 18.08.1934 in the village of Kłopoczyn Nowy, pow. Rawa Mazowiecka in an agricultural family. In 1951 he obtained his high school diploma at the Gymnasium and Lyceum. M. Copernicus in Łódź. In the same year he began his studies at SGGW, graduating in 1956 and began his scientific and didactic work in the Department of Economics and Organization of Agricultural Holdings SGGW. In 1963 he obtained a doctorate in agricultural sciences, and in 1969 he received a doctorate in habilitation. From 1961 to 1963 he completed long-term research internships in Sweden, West Germany, Czechoslovakia and the Netherlands.
In his research work he dealt in particular with the following problems: economics and organisation of family farms, management of agricultural holdings, human factor in agriculture and international comparative studies in economics, agricultural policy and education.
From 1974 to 1979, he worked as an expert at the Secretariat for The Environment. Food and Agriculture (FAO) of the United Nations in Rome. He organized and participated in many international conferences, symposies and seminars. He learned the activities and programs of more than 50 Universities, faculties and scientific institutes in the field of agriculture. Many traveled across continents and countries.
He was or is a member of a number of scientific councils and scientific and professional associations of Polish and foreign. From 1970 to 1990 he was a member of the Committee of Agricultural Economics of the Polish People’s Republic of Poland, now for the period 2007-2010, and is also a member of the Scientific Councils of IRWiR and IUNG PIB in Puławy.
He was a long-time member of a number of colleges and editorial committees. Since 2004 is the editor-in-chief of the quarterly “Village and Agriculture” of IRWiR PAN. In 1988 he was elected a foreign member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry.
In 1983 he received the title of associate professor and in 1990 professor of ordinary economic sciences. His total achievements include more than 200 works, including 80 original ones and several books and scripts.
He was a promoter of 7 completed doctoral thesis and more than 80 master’s thesis. On many occasions he was a reviewer of scientific achievements in habilitation and professorial conduct.
In his scientific and organizational activities at the University he held the following functions:
– from 1970 to 1973 he was deputy director of the Institute,
– from 1980 to 1990 he was head of the Cathedral,
– Vice-Rector from 1983 to 1987 (1 term),
– Rector from 1990 to 1996 (2 terms).
His main achievement in the organizational activity of the University was the regulation of the state of ownership, which became the main source of financing for the expansion of the campus in Ursynów.
From 1982 he was a member of the Organizing Committee and negotiating team of the Church Agricultural Foundation, appointed by primate Polish. From 1991 to 1995, he was president of the General Affairs and External Relations Council. He is a member of the Council at the Chancellery of the President of Poland, L. Walesa.
From 1997 to 2001 he was Ambassador of the Republic of Poland to the Kingdom of Denmark.
He holds a number of Polish and foreign decorations, including the Officer’s and Commander’s Cross of Poland (1993, 2004), the Commander’s Cross of the Kingdom of Denmark (2001) and the Primate Gold Medal deserved in the Service to the Church and the Nation (1997). He was also repeatedly awarded a number of regional, ministerial and university medals. In 2009 he was awarded the Michał Oczapowski Medal.
1996-2002 - Vladimir Kluciński
He served as rector from 1996 to 2002.
He was born on 12.10.1947. in Żyrardów. He became a veterinarian in 1971. at the Veterinary Faculty of the SGGW in Warsaw. At the same Faculty in 1974 doctorate in veterinary sciences, in 1979. doctorate degree in veterinary sciences in pathophysiology. He received his title as professor of veterinary sciences in 1991. (a) post of Associate Professor in 1995
He started working in 1971. He worked at the Institute of Hematology in Warsaw (1972-1977) and from 1977. works at the Veterinary Department.
From 1981 to 1983, he worked as a visiting professor in the Veterinary Department at Ohio State University and the Iowa State University of Science and Technology (USA). He completed research internships at the USDA USA National Animal Diseases Center (1986), Washington State University USA (1992) and the University of Bologna in Italy (1994). In 1995, he took a training course in university management at Purdue University (USA).
For 24 years he served in SGGW many functions: Dean (1984-1986), Dean of the Veterinary Faculty of SGGW (1986-1990 and 2002-2008), Head of the Department of Internal Diseases with Clinic (1988-1993), Vice-Rector of the Department of Internal Diseases with Clinic (1988-1993), Vice-Rector of the Department of Internal Diseases. SGGW (1990-1996) and Rector of SGGW (1996-2002).
So far, he has published a total of 551 entries, 45 of which have appeared in international magazines. The results of this work were permanently played in world literature and cited m.in. veterinary immunology manuals. An Introduction. J. Tizard, W.B. Saunders Company, 1987. and ” Burns as a research and treatment problem”, W. Rudowski.1981. He also carried out 105 expert reports and reviews. He has promoted nine doctors so far.
In his role as rector, he made a historic contribution to the development of the university by collecting funds that allowed the construction of m. Others. premises for 8 faculties, a recreation and sports complex, a dorm and the first part of the Main Library. Prof. W. Grabski. He was also the initiator and promoter of the 2001 To The Holy Father John Paul II title dr h. C. SGGW as well as the initiator of giving the SGGW campus on Ursynów them. Edward hr. Raczyński.
In addition to SGGW, he held m. Others. Vice-President (2000-2003), President of the PTNW (2000-2006) and Scientific Secretary of the PTNW (2007-2009). Since 1990 is a member of the Veterinary Sciences Committee of the Faculty of Agricultural, Forestry and Veterinary Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences, acting as Secretary (1990-1996) and Chairman of the Committee (2003-2016). He was president of the Conference of Rectors of Agricultural Universities (1999-2002), co-founder and first president of the Polish Bujatric Association (2000-2003), Chairman of the Commission for The Protection of Agricultural Universities. Specialisation of Veterinary Surgeons (2008-2016), Member of the Central Commission for Veterinary Medicine Degrees and Titles (2010-2016), member of scientific councils: Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding of the Polish People’s Party (1990-1992), State Veterinary Institute- PIB (2011-2016), Museum of Agriculture im. Ks. K. Kluka in Ciechanowiec (since 2011) and Food Quality ‘Meet Good Food’ at the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development( since 2003).
For his work he was awarded the Golden Cross of Merit, the Knight’s Cross, the Officer’s Cross and the Commander’s Cross of the Order of Polish. In addition, he was awarded the m. Others. The Medal of the National Education Commission, the Silver Medal “For Services to The Defence of the Country”, the Golden Badge “For Services to SGGW”, the Golden Badge of the Polish Teachers’ Union, the badges ” Merited for Forestry “, “Merited for Agriculture”, “For services to the Union of Veterans of Poland and Former Political Prisoners” and “Deserved for PTNW” and the Medal of Them. M. Oczapowski Faculty of the Second Pan.
Twice he received the scientific awards of the Faculty of V PAN, one scientific award from the Polish Academy of Sciences, twice the scientific award of the Minister of Science, 6 times the award of the Minister of National Education for organizational activities, 16 organizational awards of the Rector of the SGGW and in 2005. award “CENTAUR Science – Practice”
In 2010, received the title of Dr. H. C. SGGW on the basis of the resolutions of three Councils of Faculties : Engineering and Shaping of the Environment, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine.
2002-2008 - Tomasz Borecki
He graduated from the Faculty of Forestry of SGGW. In 1997, received the position of prof. emergency, and in 2003 professor. From 1996 to 2002, he served as vice-rector of the Didactics. In 2002, rector, in 2005. was elected for a second term.
Professor Tomasz Borecki has a very wide scientific interest. His scientific achievements distinguish four main fields of research: statistical-mathematical systems of forest inventory, forest health, evaluation of forest trees grown on plantations, as well as improvements in the functioning of the forest holding. He is the author of 160 scientific works, 50 of which are original creative works. He is also the author of more than 70 scientific documentation, expertise and projects. He made an important contribution to the development of a scientific discipline called forest management. He has also contributed to the dissemination of forestry knowledge through numerous publications in industry journals and participation in conferences. He also took part in more than a dozen films promoting the protection of the natural environment. He co-authored 6 screenplays for these films. He has completed numerous research internships abroad (in Switzerland, Finland, Austria, Norway and Slovakia). During his 27 years at the Faculty of Forestry, SGGW has accumulated a wealth of teaching achievements.
He actively works in scientific councils and committees and expert teams. He is a member of the Scientific Council of the Białowieża National Park and the Council of the Promotional Complex of the Kozieecka Forest. Since 2003 he serves as President of the Society of Friends of the Forest. He was an expert in the Sejm Committee on the Environment.
For his scientific, organizational and didactic achievements he was awarded and awarded many times. The most important awards and distinctions are: Officer’s Cross of the Order of Rebirth Polish, Medal of National Education, Gold Badge “Deserved for SGGW”, title of Doctor Honoris Causa Lviv State Agrarny University in Dublanach.
2008-2016 - Aloysily Szymanski
Alojzy Szymanski was born on November 7, 1950. He graduated from the Faculty of Water Melioration of SGGW. He graduated in 1974 with a master’s degree in engineering. He obtained his Ph.D. in technical sciences in December 1982, and his doctorate in technical sciences in the field of construction at the Faculty of Hydrotechnology at the Gdańsk University of Technology in 1992. In 1994 he was appointed extraordinary professor and in 2006 he was appointed professor of geoengineering at the Department of Geoengineering of the SGGW. In the years 1999 – 2002 he served as dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Environmental Shaping of SGGW, while in 2002-2008 he was vice-rector of the development of SGGW and in 2008 he was elected rector of the Main School of Rural Farm.
The total scientific achievements of Prof. dr hab. Aloysiego Szymański covers 250 entries including 159 works published in Polish and foreign peer-reviewed scientific publications and 5 book entries.
Works by prof. dr hab. Aloysian Szymanski, which has not been published, are mainly expert reports, studies and projects documenting the implemented grants or commissioned works implementing modern solutions for engineering practice.
During the period of employment in SGGW prof. dr hab. Aloysiza Shamanski has developed 15 reviews of doctoral and habilitation works and a review of scientific achievements in the procedure for the title of professor.
Area of scientific research prof. dr hab. Aloysiego Szymanski focuses on the following directions:
– the development of methods for modelling the deformation of weak lands using the phenomenon of strengthening weak land,
– improving the methodology of testing and selection of parameters for the calculation of the settlements of hydrotechnical and land structures,
– development of methods for assessing and checking the technical condition of hydrotechnical structures,
– improving the methodology for identifying the geological structure of the substrate using in situ studies to determine the substrate parameters necessary for civil and underground construction. It composes
For his scientific work he was awarded three awards by the Minister of National Education (1985-for the development of a methodology for the study of low-liqueferous land, 1989-for achievements in the foundation of water structures, 1997 – for co-authoring the book “Embankments on organic silos” published by Elsevier publishing house in the Netherlands).
He also received six awards from the Minister of Science and Higher Education for his organisational activities.
Prof. dr hab. Alojzy Szymański also cooperates with engineering practice, as evidenced by his powers: Certificate of the Polish Committee of Geotechnology (since 1999), expert powers in the field of environmental impact assessments (since 1998), geological and engineering powers cat. VI (since 1997), appraiser of SITWM NOT (since 1984).
Prof. dr hab. Alojzy Szymański during his work at the University was and continues to be active in the work of many scientific and professional organizations. He was president of the Conference of Rectors of Agricultural and Natural Sciences Universities, a member of the Presidium of the Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools of Poland and vice-president of the Presidium of the Conference of Warsaw Universities. Professor A. Szymański is a member of the International Association of Land Mechanics and Geotechnics, the Polish Committee of Geotechnics, The Section of Geotechnology and Underground Infrastructure of KILiW PAN. In the years 1982-1985 he was secretary of the SITWM-NOT Circle in SGGW, from 1985 to 1988 he was chairman of the SITWM Wheel in SGGW, and in 1987-1990 (two terms) he served as secretary of the Hydrotechnical Structures Section of kiliw pan. Since 24.06.2014 he has been the President of the Polish Committee of Geotechnics. From 1999 to 2002 he served as dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Environmental Shaping of SGGW and in 2002-2008 vice-rector of the Department of Engineering and Environmental Development. SGGW development, conducting the expansion of the university and the restructuring of experimental plants, and in 2008 – 2016 the Rector of the Main School of the Rural Farm.
2016-2020 - Wiesław Bielawski
Prof. dr hab. Wiesław Bielawski He was born on December 23, 1950. in Wierobiach in the province. Podlasie region.
In 1974 he graduated from the Faculty of Agriculture of SGGW. He obtained his Doctorate in Natural Sciences in 1982 from the Department of Biochemistia on the basis of a paper entitled “Routes of assimilation leading to the formation of amino acids in rye seedings”. In 1992 he obtained a doctorate in agricultural sciences in agronomism – plant biochemistours on the basis of scientific achievements and dissertation “Isoenzymes of glutamic synthesy from triticale seedings on the example of the Malno variety”. He received the title of Professor of Agricultural Sciences in 2002 and the post of Ordinary Professor in 2008.
During his scientific career, Prof. W. Bielawski created the original scientific school of triticale biochemistry, and his achievements are considered the most comprehensive compendium of biochemical knowledge with elements of physiology and cytology concerning triticale. He was the manager or main contractor of 15 research projects. He participated in the implementation of international research projects m.in. Copernicus. He published the results in renowned journals indexed by JCR (from the so-called Philadelphia list): m.in. “Phytochemistry”, “Planta”, “Plant Physiology and Biochemistry”, “Journal of Plant Physiology”, “Amino Acids”, “Plant Growth Regulation”, “Plant Molecular Biology Reporter”, “Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communication”, “Cereal Chemistry”, “Plantarum Biology”, “Acta Physiologiae Plantarum”.
His academic achievements include 115 works, including 62 published in journals with IF. He was the promoter of 11 completed doctoral thesis, including 9 defended with distinction. He has developed 16 reviews of doctoral thesis, 5 habilitation, 4 reviews of scientific and didactic achievements in the procedure for the award of the title, 10 reviews of achievements for the position of ordinary and extraordinary professor.
He has completed national and foreign research internships, m.in. At the Faculty of Biology at Carleton University in Ottawa and the Federal Center for Grain and Potato Research in Detmolt, Germany.
From 1999 to 2002, he was vice-dean of the didactics, and between 2002 and 2005 the Dean of Science of the Faculty of Agriculture and Biology. He was the head of the Local Teaching Centre in Łowicz from 1999 to 2002 and head of the Local Teaching Centre in Forest Podlaska from 2000 to 2002. Between 2008-2012 and 2012-2016, he was vice-rector of the development of the university, I deputy rector.
1 September 2016 he became rector of the SGGW for the term of office 2016-2020. In parallel, he became vice-president of the Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools of Poland. KRASP inspires and coordinates the activities of member universities, takes steps to create an effective and integrated national education system, works for the development of higher education, science and culture. Rector W. Bielawski represents krasp in the parliament at meetings of the Committee on Education, Science and Youth. He participated in meetings on the shaping of the new Law on Higher Education and Science and in reporting meetings on the implementation of higher education tasks and budgets. He represents krasp during meetings with foreign delegations and during meetings with other organizations working for science.
In cooperation with the Foundation of Rectors of Poland, Rector Wiesław Bielawski participates in Ukrainian-Polish seminars on the issues of activities of national rectors’ conferences in Poland and Ukraine against the background of European trends. During the meetings, Ukrainian and Polish rectors exchange experiences and present the current systemic changes in higher education in both countries.
Rector Wiesław Bielawski is a member of the Steering Committee of the Rural Development Programme for the 2014-2020 term. The overarching objective of the 2014-2020 RDS is to improve the competitiveness of agriculture, sustainable management of natural resources, climate action and sustainable territorial development of rural areas.
He is a member of the chapter of the competition “Diplomas for Warsaw”, in which prizes are awarded to the authors of the best doctoral dissertations and master’s thesis in the field of all scientific specialties concerning the socio-economic development of Warsaw.
He was awarded the Award for scientific, didactic and organizational m.in. Silver Cross of Merit, Medal of National Education Commission, Honorary Badge “Merited for Agriculture”, Gold Badge of Honor “For Services to SGGW”, medal of the XXX anniversary of Solidarity. He received the award of the Minister of National Education and Kordelas Leśnik Polski – the highest award awarded by the Director General of State Forests for those supporting the idea of Polish forestry.
He was honored with the President’s Educational m.st. warsaw in the category “Best academic teacher”. He is the winner of the competition “Meritorious Agrobusiness Promoter of Poland 2018”. He holds the honorary professor’s degree from the Podolski State University of Agriculture and Technology in Kamieńec Podolski, Ukraine (2019). He was awarded the medal “Meritorious for the Eastern European University of Poland” Ukrainians in Lutsk” (2020).