On December 11, 2020, the 47th Review of the achievements of Scientific Circles. This year it was a unique event, as it was organized for students without their physical participation, with the use of applications and devices enabling remote conferences. The organizer of the 47. PDKN was the Scientific Circle of Nutritionists operating at the Faculty of Human Nutrition of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences.
174 projects were qualified for participation in the conference. Out of 26 Scientific Circles, there were finally 168 presentations. The projects were presented in six thematic sessions:
- Man and his surroundings
- Economic and Social Sciences
- Animal and veterinary world
- Plant World
- Bioengineering and life sciences
- interdisciplinary sessions
During the final, broadcast live on SGGW channel on YouTube Nauka / Science , the winning Scientific Circles were selected. The final sum of points and the place taken was influenced by:
- number of projects issued by the Science Club
- additional points for distinctions and / or awarded projects
The Scientific Circle of Nutritionists was awarded the title of the best Science Club at SGGW in the 2020/21 academic year .
The second place was won by the Scientific Association of Foresters, and the third by the Scientific Committee of Veterinary Medic.
In addition, the editors of the monthly “Food Industry” (SIGMA-NOT) funded 3 prizes in the form of publication of articles in 2021. authors of projects related to the subject of the journal. The winners were:
- Patryk Pokorski : The use of egg shells in the design of confectionery products with increased bioavailability of calcium, Scientific Society of Nutritionists.
- Robert Nicewicz : The perception of products with end-use dates by consumers, Scientific Society of Nutritionists.
- Artur Kiełb, Wiktoria Wilkowska, Martyna Walczuk, Weronika Zduńczyk : Comparison of traditional beetroot leaven with that of probiotic starter cultures.
The Organizing Committee was composed of:
- Prof. dr hab. Jarosław Gołębiewski, Vice-Rector for didactics at SGGW;
- Prof. dr hab. Dominika Guzek, Dean of the Faculty of Human Nutrition, Warsaw University of Life Sciences;
- dr hab. Inż. Monika Trząkowska, Tutor of the Nutritionist Science Club;
- Patryk Pokorski, Chairman of the Organizing Committee;
- Mateusz Barczak, vice-chairman of the Organizing Committee
The work of the Organizing Committee was supported by students – members of the Nutritionist Science Club: Marcin Kruk, Tomasz Wójcik, Joanna Horoszewicz, Artur Kiełb. The scientific value of the Conference was supervised by the Scientific Committee of the Conference, which included 30. employees and doctoral students of all Institutes of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences.